Wednesday, May 30, 2007

WORK IN PROGRESS

BodySystems-WIP

FURTHER DEVELOPMENT ON THE 'BODY' THEME. I'm using a strong Red, Black and White color scheme, which is really STRONG for a change... I want to make a statement. But Linus has got me all paranoid about color theory. Maybe I'm venting me anger through the design. Or maybe it's just a nice combination of color. True it is something new, but maybe that's what is required here.

Okay, so at this stage it's still not finished. But I'll upload the full PDF onto my website, when it is done. I've still got to write a cover letter, and address each version to the company individually. Taloring each application to a specific company. There is still one unresolved issue I need to work out, and hopefully Linus or anyone else can help me with; typographic choices. I wanted something strong, possibly medical, maybe hand drawn (as in quirky letter forms, not handwritten) and generally making a statement. The problem was I couldnt figure out what that typeface was, AND what body face to combine that with. Any suggestions? Otherwise I'll just stick with Avant Garde, it's what I used in the folio, so it'll link back easily... Brand cohesion and all that nonsense.

IESSO

PS. Should the slogan be 'Look deeper?' It's suitable. But is it too obvious?
PPS. This image is larger, click and follow through for a larger size...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm... idunno what kind of type the kids are into these days, but it always struck me that Madrone is the early 19th century counterpart to your old chum Cooper Black. Huge, unwieldy and illegible at small sizes, it would be a challenge, but it would certainly make a statement.

It could be matched with a Didot-type like Bodoni, or I have a suspicion it might actually work together with a humanist/geometric sans like Gotham. It's just a hunch though and would most likely be totally wrong for this project. P.s -- really like what you've got so far. I was sceptical reading your description, but I think you can pull it off!

Elliott Scott said...

Hmmm, interesting suggestions. Strangely they are pretty much exactly what I was thinking. I had used Gotham for the body, and I even tried Madrone for the titles. I thought it was too crazy. BUT hearing someone else say it has cemented it in my frazzled mind. So I'll give it a shot and show you it to you...

Anonymous said...

Hey Elliott
Its me again!YINGGGGGGG
How are you ????
well! i went for job interview with RED iDesign 2 weeks agos.. and the results is i ddont get the jobs becuz i was not what they are looking for oh well!!! then again last wednesday i went for antrview with City Beach as they are looking for assistant graphic designer umm i dont think i will get the job becuz i havent heard from them yet!!! anyway, Finger crosse for me!!!!
What part of the world r u ???
Im going up cairns and out in the island by my self on 19th!!! im looking forward to it...
Take care-
Ying