Friday, January 02, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

P1080660.jpg

Okay, so I'm not much of a New Years Resolution kind of guy anymore, if ever, but here goes nothing!

1. Be. I like this one because it's nice and vague and it's one of those hug-yourself-and-tell-yourself-you're-perfect-the-way-you-are™ kind of bullshit that people just love because it's really, really easy. But to just "be" means to live life however I want, and stop trying to change. Which is changing myself... OH CRAP! I can't even just ... be!?!?

2. Lose some weight. The first thing people said was "Wow, you're fat!", so that's got to change. I'm feeling less secure about myself anyway, and this will be good. How will I lose the weight though? When I get a job I'll buy a bike and cycle to work. That's about it. I've been doing some sit-ups as well, so I'll try to keep that up.

3. Stay positive. Not easy given Soryi and my spiralling AND crippling depression since being back, and because of being back in Australia. But we'll go to NYC soon, and things will be more fun.

4. Do less computer based design, and more screenprinting, film photography and stencils. I've gotten used to using the ol' mouse and chain, and have forgotten to use my hands and do some stuff Old Skool™.

5. Wear cooler clothes. Both literally and figuratively. I want ONE photo of myself that I can look back at in 35 years and say, "Wow, I used to look like that? What a dork! Check out those pants!" or something like that. You know how you see photos of people from the 70s and you're all laughing at their funny clothes? Well, I want that! Also, it's hot here and I'm sweating heaps!

I'll let you know how it goes, but no doubt it'll go badly. Even if it is super easy and vague.
IESSO

No comments: