Sunday, May 24, 2009

REDUCE. REUSE. RECYCLE.

Compare

ANATOMY OF A MURDER vs. THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM vs. PRECIOUS. Saul Bass, you've done it again! So the first two were done by Saul, but the last one is for a new movie starring MARIAH CAREY! So you know it's gonna be a heavy hitter. Without having seen the movie, and only hearing some reviews (positive though) I won't comment on it, but I will talk about the poster.

I actually like it. No, REALLY like it. It's great... I like the fact that is a clear Saul Bass ripoff. I like that because it's nice, and looks cool. I wish the influences weren't as obvious, but it still doesn't bother me. I wanted to say how annoying it was that new ideas are gone, and that rehashing old ideas are the standard now, but I really don't mind in this case.At least it's not Ultra Bold Gill Sans in red on a white background.

IESSO

No comments: