Saturday, July 15, 2006

THE LACK OF POSTS

SOME PEOPLE MAY HAVE NOTICED A LACK OF POSTS in the recent months. Here's why. Once again I've been feeling rather miserable. I was working my butt off, and getting no credit at work for it (actually being officially warned for being lazy and not working hard enough!!) and coming home to exhausted to even think, let alone think of something interesting to write about. Not that I even DID anything interesting anyway...

My point is; my job was horrible. My boss treated me like dirt. He swore at me. He took out his anger and frustrations and stress on me. He was a general jerk actually. And my co-worker was no better really. It was a horrible, horrible work environment. I can't convey how bad it was.

Did you notice the past-tense? Well, that's because I quit my job. Yep. My boss was yelling at me one day, I thought about it, talked to UNG, talked to my friends over here, talked to my parents, and quit the next morning. So no crazy adventures about me storming out or anything like that, but I did leave with some amount of pride left.

ANYWAY now that I have a bit of free time I'll be working on the folio site, so expect an update of that, as well as some personal projects, so keep an eye for them too.

In the meantime, read below for some moderate amounts of fun. We went to the zoo today! And there are some other photos of dublin with annotations!

IESSO

Zoo

Animals; red panda, lemur, gorilla, orang-utan, ugly penguin, squirrel monkey, snow leopard cub and tapir.



Zoo-ung

1. Japanese posing. ^_^ WAH!
2. "Take that memorial to Irish soldiers!"
3. UNG: Friend to all creatures great and small. Or bronze.
4. "Giraffeses!"



UNG-eating

'Cake'. A follow-up photo series to 'Water/Tea'



Dubl-Mont

1. Window with famous Irish people. Ireland is "the land of Saints and Scholars",
despite the fact they drink, smoke and swear a lot.
2. 'Elliott's Cash & Carry'. Standing out the front posing for the photo
(taken by Dermo), the owner comes over:
MANAGER: "Oh, you must be Elliott, that's why you're taking the photo?"
DERMO: "No, actually his name is Cash & Carry"
3. The old 'crouch-down-next-to-the-car' gag.
4. Hard to see, but there are HORSES and horse-drawn carriages everywhere.
In the the traffic!
5. Viking tour bus. Goes in the river too.
6. Horse drinking trough. In the middle of the CBD.

No comments: