Tuesday, July 04, 2006

WE ALL SCREAM

BB-Brown

BB-Chocolatey
BB-oldWhite
BB-oldBox

BB-hipBW

BB-colorcounter
BB-colorcounterB
BB-pinkcounter

BB-old
BB-colors

I'M DOING SOME BRANDING FOR A GOURMET ICECREAM COMPANY. First of all don't ALL ice-creameries say they're gourmet? It looses all impact if they do. And secondly I don't know anything about the company. I've tried many-a-times to look it up without any results. Also they gave me a bunch of links to pages of styles they like but none of the links worked! I googled around for a while and came up with a general gourmet icecream mood. It's based more on fancy chocolates, but they're generally the same.

Anyway I would love some feedback on what you like/hate, what's working/failing... etc.

Thanks; IESSO

PS. Happy 4th of July to all my American readers! And to everyone else I suppose who associates the day with something special, not nessesarily, while not ruling out an Independence Day theme. I had a nice long rant to write but really, it's not worth it, it's been said before and by other people more eloquint than me. I'm sure I spelt that wrong; underlining my point.

3 comments:

Elliott Scott said...

Ha! Once again you're a) the only one who responds and b) right. Thanks!

As for the rest of you (if you exist?) come on! Gimme me some advice/criticism/praise!

thanks

Anonymous said...

ELLIOT! i prefer the rounded shaped letters that spell brandy
it kind of looks like candy which is cool. i think colouring in the spaces in the letters is a good idea but maybe not such a thick stroke. leave it faint.
dont really like the first one for an icecream parlour. for some reason i kept on reading Brandy books. hope your enjoying yourself. anna m

Elliott Scott said...

ANNA! hows it going??? Tell me something new!

Thanks for the comments... I agree with the stroke thickness thing, the boss-man was worried about legibility so I had to thicken it... but yeah, the colors were meant to look like candy/ice cream scoops, that sort of things...

The client has seen all the concepts (as well as the ones my boss RIPPED OFF of me and beat to the printer to print while the ink ran out leaving mine poorly printed. Sigh)