Monday, August 14, 2006

MIAMI

miami-vice-7

SAW MIAMI VICE LAST NIGHT and I for one was very impressed. I was expecting that same sort of glossy cop-thriller with glorrified shy violence, where they have massive explosions but don't show anything too graphic. The movie was totally NOT that. I loved the grainy look from the video cameras struggling to get enough light. I loved the extreme violence, not because I wanted to see that sort of thing, but because I DIDN'T. The only thing I didn't like was the unnessesary sex scenes.

Even Colin 'Dublin accent shows through at odd times' Farrell was pretty good. And the enhanced Tubbs character was better too. I barely remember the original TV show in all it's cheesy-crime glory, but this was very very good.

IESSO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was just me but i didnt think it was that great [the bits i did see]...I fell asleep through half of it. haha. Although that was probably due to the fact that i had a bit too much to drink beforehand. Maybe i'l go watch it again when i'm much more straight.