Thursday, August 24, 2006

¿QUES?

MY BOSS BOOKED A HOTEL IN SPAIN but the reservation details was in Spanish. He asked me if I could speak Spanish because I used to live in LA, but I can't. I did have the bright idea of going down the road to the English Language school, where millions of Spanish kids go.

I walked in, and the people at the desk asked me if I needed help, I walked past them like I knew where I was going, found a chillout area downstairs where kids might be hanging out. There was lots of Indians but no Spaniards.

I found two girls that LOOKED spanish* and asked them to read the email to me. The girl read it fine, translating to English for me in "big voice" and it was totally easy! When she read the part with the double bed she got all nervous and shy. HA HA!

* Also, yesterday someone asked me for a cigarette. I gave him one.
"Hey, are you Spanish?", he asked.
"Nope"
"Italian?"
"Nope"
"French?"
"Nope"
"Are you Irish?"
"Nope. I'm American."
"Oh. Huh? Really. American. Wow. Well thanks. Muchos gracias! Merci!"

So it's official, with or without the beard people think I'm Spanish. Or sometimes Italian.


IESSO

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm loving the new look of this blog...it's so yellow!

Elliott Scott said...

Hey thanks! Wait a second... do you mean 'yellow' in the Marty McFly sense of the word?!

Anonymous said...

Hey Elliott!!

Long time no see :-( So wats been happenin?? Anythin really cool??? R u in Spain these days?? Wow!!

Im still at freakin uni... 2 yrs 2 go. Cant wait 2 finish. Its not 2 bad tho... its more me than design was. I hav a job offer already 4 wen I graduate... its in a private girls school in Brissy. But I wanna travel b4 settlin down.

Ive been wit Yolan (rememba da saga wit him???) 4 a while now so we will travel 2getha wen we graduate. We live 2getha at Mt Gravatt. All's goin good.

So wats new in ur world?? Oh I miss u!!
Holla bak!!
Mwa!
Taneal aka Disney

Anonymous said...

Umm i guess i mean yellow in the normal sense of the word...literally your blog is really yellow.

Elliott Scott said...

Disneal! WOW! LTNS! Good to hear from you....


Spain? Whah? No no, Ireland. Hanging out with Dermo. Remember him? He remembers you...

Yeah just been working a lot, at a good job now, and having fun travelling a bit, and planning to travel a lot more. I've got the travel bug!!

Of course I remember Yolan, but I admit I don't think I knew his name... Glad you guys are together and things are working out. And that you're at uni doing something you like, and have a job lined up! WOW! AWESOME!

Keep in touch.
Elliott

PS. I will do no such 'Holla'-ing.