Thursday, April 19, 2007

NOT DEAD

DON'T WORRY, I HAVEN'T BEEN MUGGED OR ANYTHING. I'm sorry about my lack of posts, a few interesting things have happened since last post.
1. Soryi got a job! She's working in a tiny studio doing some semi-interesting work, but the people she works with are very nice.
2. We moved out of the hostel into our very own flat! It's a teeny-tiny bedsit, with a kitchen in the room! and a shared bathroom. It's very nice though, and expensive (£130 per week!) but it's great. We love it! We went to Ikea and got really nice, and cheap! stuff to fill it. Very cool. It's in a good area too, for these reasons:
- The road perpendicular to ours is Abbey Road (of Beatles fame) [okay, technically it's not, but it turns into Abbey Rd]
- It's a nice neighbourhood, so nice that when we tell people the address they say its nice. which is radically different to Stoneybatter!
- We share a postcode with superstars: Matt Lucas [Little Britain] and Emma Thompson [of lots of things]
- It's close to the city without being urban.
- Our house is at least 150 years old, but in good condition, charm and solid foundations (a rare mix!)
3. I'm working on my portfolio website, and it's not working! I'm frustrated.
4. I'm going to be advertising my services on an illustrators site, which means I can call myself an illustrator. But I won't.

Ok, so the house doesn't have anything like TV, phone or internet, so I may be incommunicado for a while. I'll be here, just may not be blogging a super-lot untill I get it set up. I'm in the Apple store on Oxford Street right now mooching off of them.

Untill we meet again,
I'm Elliott Scott, signing off

No comments: