Monday, October 15, 2007

THAT'S WHY I CALLED IT MONDAYNE

Band.jpg

Oddly there was a marching band downstairs. And whenever something bizarre like this happens to me, I'm the only one there to see it. It was very surreal. I was standing there counting my coins to buy a sandwhich and the walk right up to me and then spin around. It was very insane. Very.

Muffins.jpg

My parents went to Canada years ago and asked for 'Canadian Bacon' (which is different to American bacon bytheway), the reply was that ALL bacon in Canada was Canadian. Similarly Dermo jokes that a Full Irish (breakfast) is just called a 'Full' in Ireland. I always thought that these were funny and jokingly wondering if they just called English Muffins in England 'Muffins'. Which they do.

iPodTouch.jpg
The iPod touch is amazing. I would like one. I would very much like one.

Lastly; in the UK the term 'Asian' is very strangely applied. Soryi isn't Asian according to British meaning. People from India, Pakistan, Bangledesh, and places including the Middle East are called 'Asian' here. For what USA/Australians call Asian the British call 'Chinese'. And if you're not actually from China then you're called 'Other Chinese ethnicity'. Which is completely insane! Otherwise instead of Chinese they use the term 'Oriental', which I thought was outdated, old-fashioned and a littel racist. Soryi was shocked and appalled.

IESSO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

irish stew = stew
new york slice = slice
crap thai restaurant = restaurant ?

Elliott Scott said...

what you're saying is: all resturants in Thailand are crap?