Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEARS!

NewYears-5
NewYears-4
NewYears-2
NewYears-6
NewYears-1
NewYears-3

UNG and I bypassed the usual stress, hassle and ordeal involved with New Years, New Years parties and New Years drunkenness and watched the new year roll in front the comfort and quiet isolation of the sixth floor of the Marriot in the city. We were hoping the Story Bridge, which we had a great veiw of was going to have some fireworks set off from it, but that didnt work out. We did see the firework displays in teh distance, and it was nice. A welcome change from previous years. A happy end to an interesting and overall good year.

This next year is going to be a challenge:
- Life: Hoping to move to New York, look for a job, get a job, find a place to live, get some money.
- Love: Hoping UNG can come with me to NY but we're not sure if she can work there or not, so we'll see how we go. I'm going to the US Consulate in Sydney next week to find out.
- The Rest: Hoping my mental health improves. I'm so much better than I was last year, but have a way to go to be 100% back to normal.

Any resolutions: Stop waiting for things to happen. Try to be more proactive in my approach to life. Also, I will lose 5-10kg's before the years end. People tell me I'm thin, but really, I'm not. I've got some excess weight, and I want to get rid of it!

IESSO

1 comment:

sar86 said...

Why would you want to stay cooped up inside a hotel room? you missed out on all the fun...the drunkenness, public fighting, huge lines and sore feet. yes indeed, it was, as you can imagine, a great night for all. [ah sarcasm, my favourite form of writing]