Monday, May 15, 2006

1 MONTH

A HECK OF A LOT HAS HAPPENED IN THE LAST MONTH. It feels so much longer!

HERES A DUMB SUMMARY OF WHAT HAPPENED SO FAR...
1. We got to go to Korea which was exciting but short. A nice teaser for international jetsetting.
2. Arrive in Dublin and reunite with long-lost friends. Awesome!
3. Live in 3 places in as many weeks.
4. Get 500 business cards printed! Exciting novelty!
5. Freak out because we're running out of money and have nowhere to live. Not fun!
6. Post up my profile on Creative Ireland. Get a few rejections straight away.
7. Land an interview with a company my friends tried to get into.
8. Score a sweet job with that very same company.
9. Go to Dun Laoghaire to relax before starting work.
9. Freak out totally because I have ZERO money left.
10. Search desperately for a place to live, only to be turned down again and again.
11. Hear a rumour that the place next to our friends is recently vacated.
12. Luck-out with a cool place.
13. Pull as many sttrings to get as much money as possible to cover the rent and deposit.
14. Get job offers through Creative Ireland, refer them to UNG.
15. UNG gets 2 jobs! I have feelings of regret with my job.
15. Have a boring and frustrating birthday.
16. Hate my new job. Want to leave but feel trapped.
17. Want to go home. Hate Ireland.
18. Have a mini-revalation and decide to stay.
19. At work, hoping things will get better. Optimistic.

THINGS I WANT TO HAVE DONE IN THE NEXT 7 MONTHS:
1. Travel around Europe (France, Denmark, Holland, Scandanavia, Czech Rep. Poland, Bulgaria)
2. Travel to North Africa (Morocco, Egypt)
3. Work on at least one project I can put in my folio.
4. Revise my folio to be the best it can be. Need to prepare for NY.
5. Have some money saved up (US$8000, but preferably US$10000)
6. Take some great photos.
7. Visit the UK (in particular; rural Ireland, Edinburough, London)
8. Get UNG drunk (just once)
9. Figure out some sort of plan for the future regarding UNG and me (with regards to work Visa's etc.)
10. GET TO NEW YORK!!!

ALSO (an unrelated story):

Ashford-Illustrations-2
Ashford-External-SQ
Ashford-Kitchen-LT
Ashford-LivingRoom
Ashford-Bathroom

WE WERE LOOKING FOR A FLATMATE to move into the place so we can get some money. So instead of doing samey-samey photos of the flat I illustrated them instead. They look good and hopefully would've attracted some arty-type. We actually found someone to move in already, without ever having to put the photos up, but thats not the point.

IESSO

PS. I like the drawings so much I want to work them into a spread or something for a mock real-estate mag. and put them into my folio. HUZZAH!

No comments: