Thursday, May 04, 2006

TWO IN ONE HOUR!

TWO SOMEWHAT BIZARRE STORIES:

1. Walking home from looking at a flat to live in (no luck) I was REALLY hungry and tired. There was a fish and chip shop with a small bag for €1 so I thought thatd be good, specially with some salt-n-vinegar action. Walked in and was immediately accosted. "YOU'RE A JEW", says a little kid pointing a finger at me! I was shocked. And confused. And a bit scared. There was a lot of them and not sure of the anti-semitism scene in Dublin. Anyway I sort of ignored him but he wouldnt shut up. Soon all the kids were asking me questions; "Are you a jew?", "Do you eat pork?", "Can you speak English?". One girl asked the first kid how he knew and he pointed at my 'I love Shiksas' shirt (which was a star of david instead of a heart).

The lady running the shop kept trying to get them to shut up but they wouldnt. The fry-cook felt so guilty for attracting such pestering customers that he gave me a HUGE bag for free!

2. Again walking home, I walked through the main shopping district. I heard a phone ringing and assumed it was just a mobile, but it wasnt, it was a payphone! I walked past, ignoring it. But then stopped. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity. I had to answer it. I did! Wrong number. Kind of disappointing that it wasn't all "Phonebooth", but still. Besides Colin Farrel sucks...

No comments: