Friday, December 08, 2006

THE HOME STRETCH

PORT07IO

I'VE GOT AN INTERVIEW WITH A STUDIO ON MONDAY and my portfolio is on it's way to being finished. Things might come up Milhouse. MIGHT! I'm really nervous about the job and wore out from working solid for a week and half without sleep, food and any relaxation. But it's nearly over. Can't wait....

Wish me luck!

IESSO

Smackdown

ALSO, like in the last folio I have a designer profile comparing me to another designer, last time it was the asshole Neville Brody*, but this time the victim is the legendary Saul Bass. Dermo and me wrote it after being awake all night watching movies and me working. Here's a transcript:

SAUL BASS
you verti–go girlfriend!
(design legend, inventor of vertigo (the sickness not the film), YR sauce enthusiast.)

date of birth: may 08 19dickety0
place of birth: new york, usa
first design job: a fish menu, ironically consisting solely of bass.
largest client: marlon brando. he just out–weighed alfred hitchock by a few pounds. he used to go to that same seafood restaurant... also, I used to work for al pacino, but there was a lot of overtime involved­ just when I thought I was out, he pulled me back in!
if you could design with anyone or any studio, who would it be? i’d love to work with the YR sauce company, ‘mmm... that’s good sauce!’
client wish list: hmmm... let’s see... alfred hitchcock! oh no wait...
i’ve already done him!!!!!!
lifelong dream: i’d really love to own my very own bottle or YR.
biggest design mistake: borrowing a bottle or YR and spilling the whole thing. it’s a tough business, but there’s no use crying over spilt YR... (but i did)
any final words? don’t ever work for marlon brando, he’ll have you doing JWT holiday brochures for his damn tahitian island! ‘mmm... that’s good tahitian.’
PS. I love YR!

ELLIOTT SCOTT
that elliott, he’s so scott right now!
(full–time hat wearer, private dancer (dancin’ for money), cloning enthusiast.)

date of birth: 07 may, 198awesome (3)
place of birth: los angeles, usa
first design job: the bauhaus. yeah, you heard, the bauhaus! i basically invented design as we know it today. but of course gropius, or ‘the grope’, as we called him took all the credit. ‘mmm... that’s good gropin’!’
largest client: well, i did this lame stuff for some stupid sauce company, WK i think it was called. man, that was baaad sauce... there this one time, right, when me and my buddy woogie knocked over this kids bottle o’ sauce, and it like broke and stuff. and he was all like crying and shit. it was totally awesome!!!!
if you could design with anyone or any studio, who would it be? i would clone myself six times and work with ‘the elliotts!’ if you want a job done properly, you’ve got to do it yourselves.
client wish list: middle–aged, horny, investors from japan on shore leave
who know how to show a private dancer (such as myself) a good time.
lifelong dream: i am other people’s lifelong dreams.
biggest design mistake: if it isn’t something that is broken, then there is no need to repair it.
any final words? saul bass = suck ass.

IESS 'mmm... that's good acronyming' O

PS. *I ain't got anything against Neville Brody.
PPS. YR sauce is this.

No comments: