Tuesday, March 20, 2007

REVISTED

Rhythm&shoes
RnS

REWORKING THE OL' FORT POLIO, and I'm starting with the funky but bland Rhythm and Shoes concept. I still like the concept, it was fun, but maybe, just maybe, if I rejig it to be hip and fun I can do that kind of work all the time. But probably not. But maybe yes! So, here we go. This is part of the 12 page CD case that I'll show as I do.

No more stealing my designs either, I'm sick of seeing my styles (which are not exactly original, but still my ideas) all over the place. And where's my royalties!? Yeah, it's annoying. And I know it's YOU doing it too.

IESSO

PS. I'm not a fan of the wanky use of Avant Garde (as per this example) but being the adidas typeface I thought I might as well.
PPS. So there's a big A1 poster, a 6-panel CD case (box not shown) and a vinyl sleeve. I like it. Or at least compared to last time. More 'SUPERSTAR'! this time. But I probably should put a shoe in there somewhere huh? Hmmm.

6 comments:

_linus said...

it's avant-garde / gradient madness! but for serious: i like, but maybe the colours could be tweaked? good to see you breaking out of your normal "saftey zones" and doing something different!

Anonymous said...

awesome elliot
what job is that actually for?
or is it for fun ?

hows old ireland
stil jelous i am you realise

anna :)

Elliott Scott said...

Anna

Yep, Ireland's doing fine. We're going to London in 2.5 weeks. So that's our newest adventure! Ireland was good, but it's time for something new.

This was a redevelopment of the older 'Rhythm & shoes' idea I did for my folio 6 months ago. It's a makey-upey brief, but hopefully that won't detract too much from it's quality. I wasn't happy with the last one, and I'm not entirely happy with this, but it's a lot closer to what I think is nice.

So, what's the story with you?

PS. There's no need to be jealous. I put my pants on one leg at a time, just like everyone else. Except, when I have them on I make solid gold records!

Elliott Scott said...

Also, Linus

Tweaked how?

_linus said...

I don't want to say "don't use brown" but you do have a tendency to have a lot of brown in your work. But use whatever colours work right for you.

Elliott Scott said...

So are you saying I'm down to earth? Or that it looks like shit? Yeah. Maybe something else will be better. I'll try it out. Thanks!!!