Thursday, March 01, 2007

YESTERDAYS POST, TODAY

YESTERDAY WE WENT TO:
1. Katz's Deli for lunch. Holy crap those sandwiches were huge! between us we had 2 bowls of matzo-ball soup, 8 pickles, 2 egg creams (a fizzy eggy, creamy drink), 1 can cherry soda, 1 can celery soda (yes, you heard correct) and one sandwich!
2. MoMA. Very good museum full of wonderful artwork as well as some design. It has a good layout and balances modern and cool, with respect for classics.
3. Chinatown. We had $1 dumplings! They were totally delicious. Actually they were 5 for $1, so we got 30. I could only eat 4, and Linus 5, so we've got some for breakfast.
4. Upright Citizen's Brigade. A small comedy club which lots of SNL people started at. We saw a very funny show called 'Friends Without Benefits' about the trouble two girls have when they fall in like. Very funny. Awkward. Best line: "This is going to be great, you can get me great deals on diamonds." ... "What? NO! I told you, I'm not Hasidic!". Maybe you had to be there.
5. A Supermarket. Although this sounds lame, it was totally cool. I saw all these great products I hadn't seen in years! And it was a total trip down memory lane. Also the security gaurd whose was one of those 'I ain't taking no crap from nobody' big black ladies, and she caught me taking photographs of stuff.
IATNCFNBBL: "Sir, are you shopping or taking photos?"
ME: "Ugh, I ugh,.. I was just, I, I'm shopping."
IATNCFNBBL: "Didn't I just see you zooming in on this cereal box?"
ME: "Yeah, I guess so. Is that a problem?"
IATNCFNBBL: "No, I don't care, I ain't Post (the cereal brand)"
ME: "Oh. Ok. Well I am shopping too."
IATNCFNBBL: "That's fine sir. I'm sorry for bothering you."

She also came back to help us figure what milk we wanted. The normal milk has weird labels, there's no simple milk. ANYWAY it was fun.

Lastly we saw glimpses of the Empire State and Chrysler Buildings. Very cool!

IESSO

PS. Check the photo link on the previous post to see some new photos.

PPS. Here's a video from the top of the Empire State Building.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yo Elliot! This is Amandah, Elviras sister. Hope you are all well. Thought I would drop you a line as my band will be back over to NY really soon. You should totally come to a show even if you don't like us, it would be cool to see you! We will be staying in Manhattan on the Upper East side...where you at? Byyyyyyyyye xo.