Wednesday, March 14, 2007

VISA APPLICATION UPDATE

WE APPLIED FOR OUR UK VISA'S TODAY. We'd already applied online, but they required you to additionally hand in your form in person, with your passport, fee and any additional information you might have. We went there yesterday, but we were told to book an interview if we wanted to be processed with priority and be given a chance to explain our case. We went in today for our interview, but due to some mix up we were only able to hand in our forms in person.

Which means I couldn't explain that because the rent, electricity and gas bills were in my name, hence the low amount in my bank account. Nor could I explain that there money being tied up in the house deposit and my next 2 paychecks. I couldn't explain any of the various other things needing an explanation too, including proof of employment in Ireland, intentions of work or university credentials. They're now just going to process my application on face value, with a high chance of being rejected! And they'll keep my €137 fee.

Worse still, Soryi will probably get accepted. If that happens she'll have to decide whether to take the offer and go to England without me or decline it without possibility of ever reapplying, even if I do.

She wants to remain optimistic, but I'm finding that very difficult at the moment.

What's most annoying is; people in Australia had their applications processed in 4 days, without hassle, while in Ireland (which is right-bloody-next-door to England) will take a minimum of 15 days, and up to 8 weeks to process, by which time we'd already be on the plane. Why not apply earlier you ask? Well, we were going to but Soryi's boss told her he wanted to sponsor her to work in Ireland, and my bosses agreed to do the same, so we didn't apply for the UK visa. Of it turned out we can't be sponsored at all, wasting 6 weeks, as well as getting our hopes up, putting us through tremendous stress, crushing our hopes, and subsequently putting us through even more stress.

Point is; I don't sleep very much now.

IESSO

No comments: