Tuesday, August 28, 2007

THE LONG WEEKEND

SL700178.JPG

WE JUST HAD A LONG WEEKEND! We couldn't go anywhere, no money yet! but we did explore London some more and saw some really cool stuff! Soryi's boss got us some tickets for the London Eye for her birthday back in July. So we did that! Also, we went to Regents Park to go to the zoo, but the line was really really really long, at least 500m, so we didn't bother. We could peak over the walls and see some animals anyway.

Also, we went to Greenwich, where The Royal Observatory is. It's a pretty cool area, it's a pretty big hill and you have a great view at the top. Cooler than that was the actual observatory. There was a great exhibition on space that was very interesting. AND educational!

But even cooler than that was The Prime Meridian! The actual line of 0ยบ0"0' is taken from the apex of the roof of the observatory. And there is a line that represents the meridian. And a LASER beam represents it in a cooler way. It's all very cool. A cool mix of old-fashioned and ultra-modern. Very good.

The London Eye was pretty cool too. We were in a guided tour capsule, which was informative (although I already found it all out when I was making that video) but generally it was good. The capsule is packed full of people though, who weren't interested in listening to the guide, and talked really loudly, so that was a bit annoying. I mean if they weren't going to listen why did they pay more for the guide? I dunno. Anyway it was a great view and we somehow managed to go on a sunny day!

We also went to the Design Museum to see an exhibition on the 50th anniversary of Helvetica! We were expecting a full-on exhibition, but it was actually just a series of posters in the cafe area. Which means we didn't have to pay £7.00 to get in, but also that there wasn't any original sketches that I was hoping to see. We did get to see a great set of posters though. And one was by our friend Conor & David! Their's was a genius idea! Also, Rinzen did a really nice one.

I think we did some other stuff too, but I can't really remember. We did see Orlando Bloom though. He was in the West End launching his new play or something. There was loads of people around.

IESSO

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo yo Elliot!

How have you been yo? It's Amandah, you know Elviras sister. You still in London I'm guessing it would be coolio to meet up if you're not busy, you could come to a show or something if you wanted. Anyways email me or something, or myspazzz me if you have one.

amandahpanda@hotmail.com
myspace.com/mulletino.

XOXOXOX

Elliott Scott said...

Name a time and place and I'll be there! How long you been here anyway? I thought you were touring around the world, being a rockstar? Why'd you want to hang out with a dork like me?

Anonymous said...

Hey hey!

Yeah can you please send my your number so I can contact you? Email it to me. I have been here for about 10 days we played the reading and leeds festival and start the tour tomorrow night in Brighton. Have some sweet shows coming up so if you want to come to any let me know, i door list you guys!! Email me your number.

XO.

Elliott Scott said...

Seriously! That'd be awesome. We'd love to come to a gig. Totally impressed. When will you be in London again? Put us down for whenever (preferably not a school night, but whatevs)...

Totally awesome. m: 0794 630 3315

Elliott Scott said...

PS. I don't actaully have your email address...

Anonymous said...

Yeah its in the comment above!

amandahpanda@hotmail.com

send me your numbers dude!!! I am in london for 3 months!!! XO.