Monday, December 12, 2005

DEEPTHROAT

POSTED AS A COMMENT FROM AN ANONYMOUS SOURCE.

Anonymous said...

"hey everyone,
this is not elliott-related, but needed to get off my chest, and i guess this is teh best forum to do it. From a very reliable source, some gossip about someone who thought he could teach us some design... let's call him colin. apparently colin never even worked as a designer, he was only finished artists at an ad agency.!!! i'll let you make of it what you will, but i'm kind of really annoyed that he always talks of his industry experience, but he never worked as a concept person, only finished art.
>:| "

My comments are:

1. Wow. I'm shocked if this is true. Although it doesn't really change a whole lot. We have learnt whatever we learnt, what's done is done. If you didn't learn as much as you wanted to sure blame the teachers, but also take a little responsibility. I agree that posing as an expert when it's not the case isn't the best thing to do, but it doesn't make our learning that much less valid. I hope not anyway. Our college career is not the end of learning... we have plenty of time to learn what we need to know.
2. Why post anonymously? Who are you afraid of? Please, be honest on my website. Your comment is not malicious or nasty in any way, don't be ashamed of speaking the truth (although at the time of print the claim has not been validated. I will ask Colin myself)
3. In the future I'd urge you to not use my blog to comment on trivial matters. NOT that this is trivial, but you might think if one person commented on something unrelated, why cant I? and soon we'll be discussing which brand of cereal we like. What I'm trying to say is this: It's MY blog. I want to have some control over what goes up or not. So if you have anything you find interesting and want to share, like this, EMAIL me and I'll probably put it up. Just like I've done on this post.

Thanks for the understanding.

As I mentioned I will email Colin this comment. I want his feedback on this matter. If he can give me a valid reason why his opinion should be valid that would be good. If not... well... I dunno. But we should at least hear his side before judging him.

IESSO

No comments: