Wednesday, November 16, 2005

DON'T LOOK! WE'RE EXPOSED!

Polaroid1
Polaroid2
Polaroid3

LAST NIGHT was the end of year exhibition 'Friends and Family' night. I thought it was WAY better than the previous night for several reasons:

1. I got nicely drunkened.
2. I saw more folios than last time
3. I had more fun
4. I GOT THE TOP MARK!

That's right peoples who aren't in the know, young Elliott here got the award for Best Graphic Design Folio. What does that entail? Not much I guess, but I now have bragging rights over my friends, a fancy paper certificate and a $1000 prize! I also apparently will be the talk of the town for a few weeks amoungst the graphic design industry of Brisbane and will allegedly be much sought after. Which is kind of unbelievable, but that's what the head of design and the head of QCA South Bank told me... I'm not sure it's true, but hey, it might be.

Overall the night was pretty good. A few minor disasters, but overall a success. FOR ME anyway.
Just to do what you expect and dwell on the bad, here it is:

1. My parents got in a huge fight and didn't want to go, so they weren't there. It wasn't so bad, except people kept asking where my parents and were and I just kept sighing saying they weren't coming...
2. UNG and another girl had been clashing for a few weeks and I sort of got in the middle of it, trying to help out, but probably making it worse...
3. I was kind of crazy and eratic in my behaviour being very breif with my interactions between people. Sorry if I seemed rude, it was all a kind of a blur.

So basically it was good. I got a prize, some money, drunk, had fun and took photos.

This morning I was woken at 7.00 by someone installing a new doorknob on our house so I wasn't feeling to crash hot. Not much sleep and a nice hangover. Fun times.

Then when I told my mom the good news she got really mad at me about my father being nice to me but not her and started crying. So that wasn't fun. Nice and awkward. I felt guilty but also angry at my mom for being so unsupportive. I think she would've been happier if I didn't get the award. Which isn't that cool. Not cool at all actually.

Anyway I bought some new toys like a Powerbook and iPod and some other bits and peices and went to town spending loads of money! I spent $6000 in less than 2 hours! HUZZAH! But yeah the PB should be good and the iPod is crazy cool. Its funny, the screen is tiny but the movies look AWESOME! The quality is freakishly exceptional. I was expecting mobile phone quality but no! It's really nice. I watched the King Kong trailer and you can tell the gorilla is CG. That's pretty good. Not a pixel in sight. And it runs at 30fps.... But the funny thing is because the screen is so small it seems natural that the sound is small, or tinny or something but it's perfect. Ha ha! Mis-matching senses!


Anyway I'm gonna go now. Sorry to be such a bummer with the good news, but that's the Elliott way!
IESSO

5 comments:

Elliott Scott said...

Yeah, real subtle dude. :'(

Thanks for the congrats. A hollow congrats is a congrats nonetheless! Stop saying congrats!

Anonymous said...

elliott, no offence but your mum obviously has some serious issues. tell her to sort out her neuroses herself and not dump them on you - she needs a shrink.

Elliott Scott said...

Hmmm. yes. tell me about it. We've tried, oh how we've tried!

Anonymous said...

That was a good night indeed. You are a pretty funny bloke, i particularly loved it when you 'whispered' [something along these lines] "dude, she's not wearing any pants" when that was pretty obvious...yep, you were so off ya face. But hey, live it up...you are the best of the bestest.

Elliott Scott said...

Ha ha! whispered! Fooled you! Of course I didn't wisper. Besides there was NO WAY I was off my face. I must've had about 5 -6 beers. Tipsy yes. Drunk possibly but probably not. Off-my-face, no way!

But yes it was fun. Glad you had fun too. I was somewhat elated.