Thursday, November 03, 2005

WHAT'S IN A NAME?

Greatest-Photo-EVER

I was gonna write her name, but she'd prefer to remain 'the unamed girl', so that's what it's gonna be. Anyway we bought a polaroid camera and tested it out. Doesn't it look awesome? Polaroids rule!

IESSO

PS. I had a long day full of insanity, insults and insecurities, but I want to try remain positive, so instead of posting about that I am just gonna bottle it up and freak out one day!

PPS. F*CK THIS "Think Positive" crap, here's what happened: Sebastian was a real jerk today so i left LW and didnt do any work; drowned my sorrow in shopping.. he said my portfolio was "SHIT" thats a quote. what a jerk. i cried. thats right: CRIED! it was pathetic, but it really cut deep. im really fragile at the moment. he apologised later: "i'm sorry i upset you elliott, but i stand by what i say". thats not really a good apology. in my books anyway. it really hurt my feelings. if he doesnt like it so much, perhaps suggest an alternative, not simply insult it. and try sugar coating it a bit more. especially when elliott is running on no sleep, loads of tea and cigarettes and under high levels of stress. did i mention i cried?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elliott,
you're folio is NOT "shit"!! I think sebastian was very uneloquently trying to say that he PERSONALLY doesnt like it. You gotta remember, he's an artist himself, he knows what he likes, what you did is probably just not his thing. Your folio is very YOU. It's not something I'd personally do, but I think it suits you, and I do think that it looks AWESOME! (i havent seen it up close obviously, but what I've seen on here, i've really liked)
If you're happy with it, then that's all you need. Remember, at the start of the semester Sebastian said that your folio has to represent you!and i think yours does.
So don't be down on yourself.
If you like it, then stuff everyone else!
Hope you're feeling better! btw, cigarettes probably make you feel worse, you should try a boost :)
Kat

sar86 said...

Well it doesnt matter what he says because its about how you feel about your work. If you keep satisfying other people's needs you will begin to lose who you are what you want...I really love your work [seriously] and i dont say that often [just ask soryi]. Its got that twang...its definitely Elliot Scott.

So whatever you do dont change the whole thing to please a middle aged man...anyways good luck with the folio, i know you guys have been working really hard...and think PoSiTIve.

ps: sorry about yesterday [i dont know what for - but i have a feeling that i intruded or something along those lines].

oh by the way i worked out how to put your link on my blog...absolutely proud of myself for that. Sleep deprivation + cigarettes = not good for the body.

so adios amegos...till some other time

Elliott Scott said...

KAT: Thanks for the pick-me-up, I wasn't actually fishing for compliments but it's nice to hear people like the work I've invested so much time, energy and personal-ness into.

SARS: Same as above ^ As well as; don't worry you weren't intruding. I was just feeling a bit down-and-out so I couldn't really fake happiness all that well. If you got an unhappy vibe it wasn't cuz you were there, it was the days events.

Thanks again for the support.

Anonymous said...

Elliott,

Sebastian was saying that you're folio cover was bad not the inside. I know what you were trying to do with it though. At least he is honest. You should be proud of your work. Its freakin' awesome.