Monday, November 14, 2005

LOOK AT ALL THE PRETTY COLORS!

Movie-Posters

Movie posters are generally pretty mediocre, at least we're past the awesome* posters from the late 80's but still, they're usually pretty lame. Recently they've become a lot less lame, or at least SOME of them have. Here's a few from new-ish and upcoming movies that I like.

Damn UNG and her getting me hooked on color! I particularly like the Everything is Illuminated poster with it's Magrite-like imagery and general quirky sophistications.

IESSO

PS. I admit this post is kind of void of merit but I was getting sick of looking at the Cooper family! What was I thinking?! A post about fonts?! Am I some kind of nerd? .... and if so, what so kind of powers do I have? HA HA. Inside jokes rule.

PPS. I just realised that movie TransAmerica isn't about crossing America as much as it is cross DRESSING in America. HA HA. Hmmm.......

PPPS. Possibly the worst advertisement promoting a new technology. Be warned, this is a real ad for Bluetooth usage. It scares me too. CLICK HERE. It's good cheesy music, weird Flash animations and best of all: Comic Sans with horrible kerning! HA HA! Dangly-bits.

* I mean awful. Truly, truly awful. Words cannot express how awful they were. Except perhaps the word awful. That expresses my sentiment nicely. ... a little... too nicely .... ???

5 comments:

sar86 said...

how can you not know what the film Trans America was going to be about? dude the symbols are all there.

on another note...

I need help! with my blog that is.

i am getting really tired of looking at my blog because the template is too 'templatey' and its just boring and to be honest doesnt express me. i've added a counter, which is i guess as far as my abilities extend. But that's where you come in Mr Multimedia...

please help this talent-deficient blogger...i'l try and take it seriously.

Anonymous said...

TransAmerica: Didn't know. Im a spaz.

Blog Detemplatising: Yep. No problem. I need a project. Im going insane. Wednesday or friday I'm free. Email what you want and I'll do what I can.

sar86 said...

thanks for that...my blog is so mediocre compared to yours.

yeah being preoccupied with readings and uni work all year and then suddenly not having to do is a bit hard to get used to [who wouldda thought?!].

and you're not a spaz, maybe a bit slow than most...haha! [just kidding, or am i?]

Anonymous said...

elliott guess what marls (you met her in spring hill) is actually in that breakfast on pluto film that you had up there on the blog - no shit - she plays a womble - whats a womble? You'll see!!! or you wont.

Anyway thats her holding Cillian Murphys hand in some dream sequence or other...!

Anonymous said...

lets wireless , go lightness??
what the shit?