Wednesday, March 15, 2006

AN OLD FRIEND

Portfoli06

I GAVE UP trying to redesign my portfolio. I really liked the look of the old one, so I'm just gonna use that style but change a few things I was unhappy with. To start with I'm swapping Helvetica for my flavor of the month: Vag rounded. It looks a bit nicer and warmer and the lighter weights look good. I'm also changing the size; this one will be a lot smaller, and more handmade looking. Instead of trying to hide my dodgy skills at making a book I thought I should embrace that look openly. Much like Linus's mom embraces me openly! (HA! Uncalled for?) Anyway the size is now only 20x20cm but there are quite a few pages that unfold. In the image above its a bit deceptive, the pages that look smaller are really the same size but wider. Some have one page that folds out some have two. Some don't have any at all... like the interviews. I've also decided to use 2 spreads to write about the work rather than put that info on each page, that way you aren't distracted by anything. You can just focus on the work.

In theory this will be good. At this stage its looking a tad sub-par, but I'll bring it together in the end (hopefully) at any rate I only just started working on it, so I've got a bit of time to play around.

IESSO

PS. 30 days left!
PPS. Excuse the dodgy Drop Shadow...
PPPS. No I kid, Linus's mom is really cool and friendly and awesome. And we're not romantically involved as was implied in the above comment. Tanner's mom however...

No comments: