Thursday, January 04, 2007

THE APPLE

NY-skyline

I'M GOING TO NEW YORK CITY on the 28th of February untill the 6th of March! I'm gonna meet Linus over there and we are going to have awesome times! We've talked about this for 3 years now, and going to NY has been a dream of mine my whole life, and my biggest goal for the last year. And it's FINALLY going to happen! I just booked the ticket €105 each way, €352 including tax for the return! AWESOME!

But I wonder what kind of NY experience we'll have. Personally I hope it's the Woody Allen NY, but there are just so many different New Yorks:

- Andy Warhol (artistic and bizarre)
- Jack Kerouac (50's beat era romantic)
- Louis Armstrong (speak easy's, hooch, dames)
- Friends (Sit-com easy)
- Breakfast at Tiffany's (Classy but poor)
- Frank Sinatra (sleazy & tough, but cool)
- Raging Bull (seedy and dangerous)
- Seinfeld (funny but simple)
- Miracle on 34th Street (childish romantic)
- Beastie Boys (funky but try-hard)
- Midnight Cowboy (rough and sleazy)
- Ghostbusters (scarily fun)
- Rumble in the Bronx (jackie-chan-ariffic)
- The Godfather 2 (depression era italian)
- Superman/Spiderman (epic)

... and last but not least:
- King Kong (most likely)

If you have any other NY's you know of, let me know.

IESSO

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool you are going for sure. Hope you have a great experience. Need any names and phone numbers? I know Allen Kartun who I worked with at nbc in L>A>. He is the director of late night with conan o'brein. he's a really easy going guy and very friendly. Let me know if you want his phone # in NY.
Love,
Dad

Elliott Scott said...

Yep. Going for sure. So you know the director huh? I wouldn't want to bother him... unless you think he could get us tickets? No?

Anonymous said...

Elliott,
I'll look up his Number in N.Y., I'm sure he could help you with tickets to the show. Yeah, call him and let him know your connection to me, reminding him that he knew me when I was an Associate Director at KNBC when we worked together. I was staff and he was freelancing then.

TOGG
the old grumpy guy

Elliott Scott said...

Dad, that'd be great if you could do that! I'd really appreciate it! Thanks! Love, Elliott