Monday, January 15, 2007

PIPELINE, IN THE

Kokeshi
KokeshiNoodles2

NOT SURE HOW, but I'd like to use these ideas one day. They're a Kokeshi doll, which is a Japanese doll that friends give each other. We saw some in Paris, and were VERY expensive, they're just made of wood! and we saw some in Dublin too. Maybe someone in Japan (hint hint) might want to buy one for their super special friend.

Yes, I mean me.

Yes, I know it's a doll.

No, I'm not going to dress it up.

TMS2

THIS WAS AN OLD PROJECT way back in 3rd year university (so very long ago). I think this might have been Linus's pun at the time, but I can't AND WON'T give him credit. Also, in no way is this a racist joke. In fact if you think about it, it's a criticism of the common practice of giving Thai resturants, which otherwise would have been very classy, ridiculous pun names. Eg. Bow Tie (it's in The Valley). Either that or some dreaful COLOR+FLOWER combo: Blue Orchid, Red Lotus, White Orchid, Blue Lotus, etc...

Hunterswood

LASTLY, here is an ad I did for a property company. Originally my boss asked for something different than the usual property ad, and like a fool, came up with this concept. We both knew the client would never choose it, because clients are normally boring, but unlike most clients, they totally loved it! I had done 4 other alternatives, mostly grid based, image based, not relying on any clever idea. I'm glad they chose this idea. I'm actually proud of it too, which is odd for an ad. Ha ha ha! Get it? Last shot? Hunterswood! The pun-ishment is awesome!

IESSO

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elliott,
These last works are really really NICE! The Japanese dolls, the Thai elephant, and Hunterswood.
Its getting better all the time ........

Dad
PS I'll get Alan Kartuns NUmber, i just keep forgetting.

Elliott Scott said...

Thanks dad. Double thanks in fact! For the support and for getting that guys number.

Anonymous said...

Those dolls are really beutiful. awsome work dude!

I could totally see that doll in some kind of blade-runner-ish-futuristic-operating system. Like... some kind of web assistant or translator.

It would make a nice icon set too...

if you do happen to make such a set, you could send it to me, your friend ;)

Tanner

Elliott Scott said...

Thanks Tanner! Subtle hint by the way...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elliott Scott said...

Dad, I've deleted your comment. I don't want everyone to know his contact info. But thank you! I'll give him a call.

Anonymous said...

i dont WANT a font set... but if you do so happen to make one... like you do.. or at least used to... then i wouldnt mind a copy.

But please dont go to any effort juz to plz me.

Cheers

Tanner

Elliott Scott said...

Nothing I do can EVER please you!!! *sob*

No, I tried to make an icon for you yesterday but I forgot the name of the Photoshop filter... Maybe if you still have PSD on the old 12in PB, you can check for me???

But no, I'd be happy to make an icon set. I'll post it up on some website. And Soryi will like them too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.