Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A CHALLENGE

QantasLogo

I DON'T LIKE IT EITHER... why did they destroy a perfectly nice logo like the Qantas kangaroo? Apparently new plane shapes require a differently shaped roo, but they could have still kept the spirit of the old one.

The Qantas logo has changed over the years, loosing it's iconic wings in 1984, leading to the now old logo design. Perhaps they could've brought the wings back if they had to redo the logo. The part that bothers me most is the kangaroo's chest. It looks like something I drew as a kid, rather than a stylised kangaroo. Some people are saying pterodactyl, but I dunno if it's that yet.

But I'm putting out a challenge to anyone who wants to enter. Redraw the kangaroo as best you can to fit within the new triangle shape. I am determinned to prove that it's not the logo that's bad, but the poor rendering of it. Send me your images and I'll post them up. I'll do one too of course. You have 1 week!

IESSO

No comments: