Wednesday, July 18, 2007

MISERY OF SOUND

MiseryofSound

I'VE HAD A FEW INTERVIEWS IN THE LAST WEEK. The best and most promising, and of course most exciting was with The Ministry of Sound. I'd be doing CD's, records, posters, t-shirts, loads of great stuff... I went for an interview with the head designer and production manager, and it went really well! REALLY REALLY WELL! My chances were good. I had a second interview with the head of PR and their external consultant, and they basically bullied the head designer into going with someone else. DAMN!

I had a few more interviews as well, but that was really promising, and sounded like a load of fun! I was really looking forward to it. Like I had never looked forward to a job before. And now I'm about the same amount of miserable as I was a week ago. Despite the prospect of another job... but it's not the one I wanted! It is very organised and professional, and voted best place to work in the UK a few times, but it's not the one I wanted!!! (imagine a baby yelling that about icecream, and that's the voice in my head saying it as I type)

Maybe it's for the best. Maybe if that's the kind of tactics they use then I don't want it anyway. Maybe it wouldn't have worked out anyway. Maybe it's not my work, but my lack of experience. Maybe. I'm still really disappointed though. They really did get my hopes up. I was practically promised that job after the first interview. The second one was a mere formality.

DAMN!

IESSO

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, that sucks the big one. Sorry to hear that -- I guess try to focus on the positive -- which you have more of to focus on than you did a week ago. Keep us up to date with how the 2nd interview goes with the other firm.

Anonymous said...

Sounds!

Best luck for the 2nd round! Me preparing my shit in a personal page to find a new work when I´ll be back in Dublin in 1 week. (I´m in Spain for holidays).

Zinc is getting boring! (not the people, just the work)

cheeeeers australian man,

david.

Elliott Scott said...

Linus: I guess it's better to focus on the positive. I'd be totally over the moon if Ministry never called, but I still had this second interview with the other guys...

David: Good luck with the site buddy, Make sure you send me the link! And Zinc being boring? Yeah...