Saturday, April 09, 2005

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS

Eats-Meats-West

I found this photo on my camera, thought it was funny....

Will and I got something to eat before class at about 9.00am the other day. So this is breakfast. We both went to get our food and met at a table somewhere in the middle of the food court. I just thought it was funny what we instinctively choose to eat. By the way this joke isn't funny unless you realise I'm American and Will is Asian. I think he's from Hong Kong, but I'm not certain. Ok, so he's eating sushi, which is from Japan, but whatever!

It's more a reflection on fat Americans than Asians. Will said something interesting. I'm paraphasing:
"If Americans eat what you're eating (chili dogs + fries) it's ignorant. If Asians eat sushi or noodles or whatever it's cultured [meaning it's part of their culture]". I thought that was odd. It's very true. And it kinda annoys me, because I LIKE chili dogs and I got one because I wanted one, not because I don't know better! DANG IT!

IESSO

No comments: