Tuesday, April 26, 2005

SO YOU'VE DECIDED TO KILL YOURSELF

Here is a design I've done for the depression brochure we're doing for class.

DepressedCover

Being a depressed person myself I figured I might as well take the opportunity to just design something for myself. When I was battling through the disease in it's fullest the last thing I wanted to hear was things like "There will be a light at the end of the tunnel" or "There's plenty of fish in the sea". That made me feel so much worse. So I figured others might feel the same way, hence the subheading. Also humor seemed to get my attention, particularly dry sarcastic humor. I was in no mood for jokes, but something not serious or too heavy would be okay. Colors are good too. This is the most colorful thing I've done to date. And I think it works well.

The concept is based on a notebook theme. I doodled in my notebook when I was depressed, it made me feel better to get my ideas, thoughts and feelings out. So that notion is translated into this design. Ok so no-one puts this much effort into a drawing but you get the idea.

I'll let you know what the class opinion is tomorrow.

For now; IESSO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool Hair