Tuesday, February 21, 2006

UNAMED CITY

UNG-Sydney

UNG-Sydney-detail

I CAN'T SLEEP AGAIN. So instead of lying in bed waiting to pass out, I decided to muck around with the new Illustrator auto-trace again. I played around a few months ago with mixed results, and am trying again now. What I like is: Using the 'Color 6' setting; half of the colors drop out of the image. Ok, so that's not 100% right, I did alter it a bit in Photoshop beforehand, it does have a nice screenprint quality about it. What I'm not so keen on is the details. Because Illustrator is trying to convert pixels to lines some of the stray pixels are misinterpretted so it gets REALLY messy. In particular her arms are a bit frayed looking (look at the close-up of her jat to get an idea of what I mean). Still, this is a HELL of a lot better than the previous version/s autotrace, that was bad at best!

The sharpness of the camera is nice too.

IESSO

No comments: