Tuesday, February 28, 2006

GERMAN MAKES IT MORE 'INDIE'

IndieFilm

I MADE A HORRIBLY WONDERFUL 'INDIE' FILM using video's I took on my phone. I think the charm is the utter craptitude of it all and the try-hard wankerness that it is pretending to be. Plus it makes fun of all my old classes back in the day. We seriously had to watch this one film from the 70's called "Wavelength"; it was nothing but a SLOW zoom into an out-of-focus painting for 45+ minutes while a mind numbing sine wave went from low-pitch to extremely high-pitched. And whats worse; the teacher was shushing us when we were laughing/yelling/crying. It was truly aweful.

Anyway check out my film by clicking HERE, OR wait till its at Cannes if you want to be a scenester.
IESSO

PS. The file is a bit big (5.4Mb) so go make some popcorn or something. In fact make it German style; sprinkled with the blood of my relatives. You bastards.

BrownPortfolio06

PPS. I've got a theme for the portfolio, well it's more of a graphic style than a theme,... no, it's a theme! Two words: OLD TIMEY. I'm gonna print on brown cardboard and cut out holes for the images, and it'll have delicate type (no Clarendon or Cooper this time baby!) with intricate borders. Woot! I just put this images in to show the gist of it, but it won't look anything like this. So it's hardly worth noticing.

DelicatePortfolio06

PPPS. That's what I'm talking about! But maybe a bit less serious, and a bit more silly. If that's actually possible...?

DelicatePortfolio06

Yeah, more like THIS! ... I should really go to bed soon. But I'm on a roll! Oh crap! Work starts in 8 hours, I have to be up in 5. Poop.

3 comments:

sar86 said...

That film was something...different. It's good but it's missing something. Some background music?...i dunno.

Anonymous said...

No no, the lack of music makes it more Avant Garde. Trust me on this one. I've seen billions of these things.

sar86 said...

You're probably right. We made a 'film' in highschool and it had no music/speech. Lets call it a silent film...it cracks me up everytime i watch it. We should really steal your idea and make it into a short film.