Saturday, May 21, 2005

HOLD ME, I'M SCARED...

Icecream

Do you ever feel like things happen for a reason? Or that things conspire against you, or in your favor? Or that someone is trying to tell you something? Good, uh, neither do I. But let's just say I do... this post will be a lot more interesting.

I was talking to Terry, that I randomly bumped into on the train, and he started telling me about this movie that "I should see". He said it would really make sense to me, and do me a lot of good. It's called What the Bleep Do We Know?

So I'm watching it right now. It talks about reality, and the perceptions of reality, and that we can effect our reality because it all is based on our perceptions. But without getting into specifics because a) I don't want to ruin it for you and b) I can't really explain it anyway, we'll just say that it is a good movie, and perhaps is somewhat lifechanging.

Anyway the star of the movie is a beautiful woman who is used to represent 'us'. There are sections of scientists/psychologists/physicists/religious experts explaining their theories, and then there is the beautiful woman who is our example. She's actually played by the woman in Seinfeld in the 'Lip-Reader' episode. (Her name is Marlee Martin) She's gorgeous. Her characters name is AMANDA.

I was able to look past that for a second, and continue watching the movie. Until now. The movie was really hitting a nerve, it was making a lot of sense, and it seemed to be speaking to ME. And then something scary happened. She met another character. His name is ELLIOTT.

And I can't watch it anymore. I'm scared. Is this really JUST a movie that was randomly suggested, or is there a force behind it? And is that force external or internal? Do I want to get better so much that I caused reality to line up and send me a message?

Or is it all a series of coincidences?

IESSO

No comments: