Friday, May 27, 2005

YOU BITCH

DomoPod-Speech

I know it sounds kinda mean (and this isn’t a current pattern I’ve fallen into) but…

WHERE: The bus on the way to uni
WHO: Me, a geek, and two hot girls
WHY: He was annoying

I’m watching this guy talk to these girls, who are OBVIOUSLY uncomfortable talking to this XTR3M3 G33K. They’re avoiding eye-contact, giving one-word answers to his persistant questioning, and glancing at me saying ‘HELP!’ with their eyes.

So, being the jerk of a guy I am, I say: Hey dude, I don’t mean to interrupt your conversation, but just for the record; you’re coming across kinda strong. You’re scaring the other passengers.

XTR3M3 G33K: Well I don’t mean to scare anyone. (defensively)
Me: Yeah, ok, but they’re obviously not interested.

* awkward pause *

Hot girl 1
: Maybe you should tell everyone on the bus your story…

Other passengers look nervous.

The girls look at me. Say ‘thanks’ with their eyes, and get off the bus. So do I.

We all burst into laughter. And feel guilty about it. But he was obviously making everyone uncomfortable.

IESSO

PS. The domo kun iPod case is complete. Please form an orderly line if you want one. They’re $20 each. And can be made to fit any iPod, other than the iPod shuffle.

PPS. Made a few minor changes to 'The Jesus shirt' and sent it in to 'The Shirt People'. Fingers are crossed with anticipation. Which reminds me, is there just plain cipation. You'd think that you could only be 'anti-' something if that something exists....

WWJD-Directions

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Domo Kun also has poor grammar skills too. GROWL!

Anonymous said...

what a rip!

Elliott Scott said...

Yeah thanks for the positive feedback.

If you look at it this way, it took me 2 hours to make, plus the cost of materials, that's less than $10 an hour!

Elliott Scott said...

To: Linus (& everyone else too)

I don't take suggestions idley. If you noticed I did slightly modify the dice, as suggested, but was unsure exactly how they could be fixed. Printing restricts the level of detail, so I couldn't really make them too detailed and fuzzy, although I would have liked to.

As far as the tattoo goes, no I didn't change anything, again, being unsure what/how to change. What exactly is wrong with the tattoo and/or the dice?

Thanks for your help.
Elliott

Elliott Scott said...

JUST AS A SIDENOTE: I was watching this documentary on the Discovery Channel last night about Jesus. They were analysing skulls of Jewish people of the time and location as Christ and they said he would have had a rounder face, and short curly hair, as opposed to the popular image of the thin-faced long-haired dude we see today. In fact they said that someone, one of those early Christian followers wrote that it was shameful for men to have long hair at that time.

Which gets me wondering, if in fact the common image of Jesus wasn't really what Jesus looked like, where did this image come from? And why would it have developed? What's wrong with a round-faced, short-haired person? Does it make him look less Messia-ish? Or less admirable?

Or is it that the people producing these images wanted Jesus to look like them? And not one of 'those' people? You know, one of 'them'...

Anonymous said...

Just web browsing came across your site (actually my sister suggested i check it out - ps: you know her)

im thinking that it must have taken you a lot of time!!!

also what is with your infatuation (if thats how you spell it) with ipods????

Elliott Scott said...

Hey wow!

The word gets around or somethin. Anyway iPods are cool. I love mine.

Oh and of course I'm a marketting tool for Apple. They pay me money to pretend like I like my iPod, which then encourages others to buy them too.

No, that's not true. SIGH. Thanks for readin!