Thursday, May 05, 2005

WHEN IN DOUBT, BUY A WOMANS SUIT

Vote-For-Pedro

STOP! If you haven't seen Napolean Dynamite, don't even keep reading this, and go watch it. NOW! Times-a-wasting!

Ok, so I am posting this in response to a post from my friend/arch rival Linus and his post on his blog (which is better than mine) and his review of the movie. I REALLY liked it, and he didn't see what all the hype was about. Ok sure, he can have his opinions. But they're wrong. The movie is seriously funny. It may be dry, slow-paced and overall empty but that's its appeal. Hilarity in mondaynity. I mean mundanity.

Good characters. No plot. No real morals other than the obvious 'be who you are and don't let others tell you who you should be' type moral that runs through all nerd movies.
BEST LINES: "Ugh! *big sigh, eye-roll* Idiots!"
BEST CHARACTER: Kip, the loser brother.


Other films i recommend are:
- The Royal Tenebaums
- Lost in Translation
- American Splendor
- Adaptation
all of them are movies about nothing, but have some good characters. Lost in T may be a bit different, not as quirky, but I like it. Adaptation is more plot based, but damn it was good.

Thats my two cents. And like another buck fitty.
IESSO

1 comment:

Elliott Scott said...

DAMN! A spelling mistake. And to think I KNEW how to spell Napoleon. I just spelt it wrong this time. Ugg.