Friday, May 13, 2005

OR DID YOU THINK I WAS TOO STUPID TO KNOW WHAT A U-GOOGLY-WAS?

I had a really weird dream last night/this morning when I was sneaking some ZZzzzz's (for secret sleeping!)

It was completely mundane, and trivial. I woke up. Blah blah usual stuff. And I went to uni. I caught the train up and the whole bit. It was so normal and everyday-like that I actually didn't realise I was dreaming. It seemed like I was awake... So the next part seemed real too...

I get to uni, everyone I know is pannicking. (By the way the uni is now at the Gabba [the football stadium]) I follow the crowds to some sort of mass assembly. It's like high school. Someone is talking. Nobody is listening though. I move down the bleachers from the nosebleed section to the front. Elvira is trying to give a speech, but nobody is listening. She's crying/weeping and it makes me start to cry/weep. I listen to what she's saying and it makes me even more sad. Someone we know has died.

I leave with Elvira who has given up on her eulogy. No-one seemed to care. We pass Glen in the corridors. He looks a bit different but its him I guess, and he's upset too. Everyone was upset, but its was a chaotic sorrow, rather than calm and organised sorrow, which is obviously totally expected!

Anyway, I'm glad you're okay Linus. You are ok right? WHY WON'T YOU ANSWER ME?
oh, I hadn't posted this yet.... heh heh heh. Nevermind.

ALSO: In a DIFFERENT dream I was doing something or other, watching TV I guess and I kept hearing this line:
I have travelled to the ends of the Earth, and no-where do I know more that you are my one true love.
Have you heard that before? Where from? I don't think it even makes sense. Or at least it's not really saying anything. Is the focus of the sentence that the person loves the other one a lot, or that the place is really great?

Weird.

IESSO

PS. Watch 'The Cell', you might get an idea what it's like to dream for me. Nah, just kidding. But watch it anyway!

2 comments:

Elliott Scott said...

Angry. Yeah... ok... I love your way-too-many-comments-comments. They're HI-larious!

I'm not usually a MSN type fellow (I'm on maybe 1-2 a month), but I'll add you to my list and if I see you're online I'll say hello. I don't really care for the vague detachment that goes along with 'chatting'. I'd much rather dictate from my soap box, or better yet have actual conversations. Call me old-fashioned...

As far as dreams go, I totally have no idea. I should maybe buy a book or something about dream interpretation, I'm always rambling on about it. Laughing I assume is good. Freezing cold sounds bad. But I wouldn't worry too much. If you die in a dream, you don't actually die. I've died many-a-times. To quote Frued (Sigmund that is): "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar", meaning things don't always have hidden meanings.

But those clearly do. I'd start pannicking if I were you.

Elliott Scott said...

Oh and thanks for the thumbs up on the Guitar and Smoking designs. Although the smoking one isn't a shirt design, it's for my own 'personal enjoyment'. WINK WINK.

... no, I don't understand either...