Tuesday, June 21, 2005

COUGH COUGH obvious COUGH

pray

On an unually uncaring manner, I really don't feel like doing that catalog. It needs to get done, and all the burden rests on my shoulders, and I SHOULD be doing it, and if I'm not doing it I should go to bed in order to be able to wake up tomorrow and do it, but I just don't really want to do it. And it's not like I'm mad or anything, or resent it (which I am and do), but I just don't care.

I watched Garden State a few minutes ago. That was an interesting and good movie. I really thought it was great. I didn't enjoy it, and it was slow and drawn out, and perhaps a bit obvious and preachey, but I really, really liked it. Zach Braff wrote and directed a good movie. And Natalie Portman was perfect in it too. Good characters, good pace, good everything...

But now I feel so empty, and disillusioned, and meaningless. No, maybe the exact opposite, I feel important, and everything else feels meaningless. The catalog which I was so stressed about doesn't seem to matter anymore. It will get done, one way or another, I have the support of my co-workers and boss, and they will stick up for me. And more than that I know I can do it. I've been in worse situations. And if it doesn't get done, who cares? I don't care. I'll do my best, but if it doesn't get done it will because it can't be done, not because I am weak or I am unable to do it.

Does any of that make sense? Probably not huh.

IESSO

PS. Ignore the lameness of the joke, and focus on the lameness of the image itself. It'll make you feel better.
PPS. It's purely coincidence that the topic of the post is kinda deep and meaningful, and at the same time the image is about religion. No link intended. But if you want to make that link, that's fine by me.

No comments: