Sunday, June 05, 2005

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS

Hey there guys, I firstly want to thank you for readng my blog, despte the fact I haven't posted anything for a while. It's not that I don't want to post anything, or have been too busy (well maybe a little bit), but NOTHING post-worthy has happened to me this week.

I got my laptop back (finally) and it's had a new DVD-burner put in (it goes up to a whopping 8X which kicks the ass of the 1X I had before) and that's about it.

I went out with some friends from work on friday, that was fun, except I had to stay relatively sober cuz I was going out with my mom on her birthday the next day. It was funny C and J got pretty smashed pretty quickly, which was weird for me to watch. But funny. They were more of themselves. C got louder and more silly, J was more self doubting and sad. It wasn't good. She's an awesome girl, who has no reason to doubt herself.

The trains up to Brisbane are having some work done to the track, which sucks for all the travellers. You have to catch 2 trains, then a bus then another train just to get up there. SUCKS!

On the ride home I overheard a funny conversation between a goth nerd and an animator:

GN: So, what do you do for a living?
A: Oh, I'm an animator. I draw pictures and illustrate things and shit like that.
GN: So what do you play?
A: Um.. what?
GN: What games are you playing?
A: I don't play games, I earn a living.
GN: Oh.

Funny. The goth nerd doesn't realise that not everyone plays games. I thought it was particularly weird because of my classes about vernacular and speech patterns and stuff. Some people thought that "What do you play?" was going to enter into our everyday sayings, because of the trend that people are playing more video games these days. Maybe not everyone got that memo.

IESSO

PS. Yes I am aware of the irony of me being high-and-mighty about speech patterns and all that, when I can't even spell things right.

No comments: