Sunday, June 05, 2005

WHAT WOULD JIMINY CRICKET HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ALL THIS?

I was sitting outside as I usually do enjoying the cold air and polluting my lungs with hot smokey air, when I saw a shooting star. I immediately made a wish. I went back inside, watched some TV and forgot about it. Two hours later I go outside again, look up at the sky, see another shooting star. And another. And another. I must have seen five or six tonight.

WEIRD! Especially how I hadn't seen one for years. In fact I've only ever seen one since I've been in Australia.

Does anybody know if there was a meteor shower tonight? I hope so. And not just my mind playing tricks on me.

Which brings me to my next and entirely more pointless question, if you're watching a meteor shower, does each shooting star count for a wish, or is it the total SS's that do? Just to be on the safe side, I only made one wish, well actually the same wish 6 times. I'd tell you what it was but A) You can probably guess it anyway, and B) It's bad luck.

I'm Elliott Scott, not normally superstitious, signing off

No comments: