Wednesday, October 13, 2004

minimalismhasnospacesorcapitals

I stayed up till 5.00am the other night watching this great show on minimalism sculpture. WOW. it was amazing. some of the stuff was really cool. lots of it was really big and impressive, but the actual construction was poorly done. but i think thats called post-minimalism; where the material is appreciated.

ANYWAY.. the best thing on the show was a piece called "The Meeting" by um ... it's a large room with a hole in the roof. You sit there and watch the sky. GENIUS! I'll just state the obvious interpretation for the kids in the back row who aren't listening.... I guess the meeting is with God. <--- that word is capitalised isn't it? Hope so..



So. As far as art theory goes from last night, i sorta agree with the POST-MODERN sorta things of life. What I mean is; I think I'm a post-modern sorta guy. Randomly quoting all sorts of things. Never having my own thoughts, everything is a cliche.

So why then, do I STRIVE for this? And I certainly do. I want cliche's of life. Are they good? Not all. I want to be mugged in the New York subway system. Why? Cuz that's something that i think everyone SHOULD experience. Which is insane. But then I also want to run towards a long-lost lover in slow-motion in a feild of flowers. Does everyone have these desires? Are they a product of growing up around, with and in movies???



I dunnno.... I don't really have anything to say. Thanks for reading.
Im Elliott Scott, signing off.

No comments: