Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The pretty-ugly girl..

Yeah, i just watched "She's All That" again. I unfortunately love that movie. Don't laugh! You do too...

ANYWAY... I was thinking about it. And I've decided; yeah, I am in love with Laney Boggs. For those of you who don't know, and couldn't figure it out based on what I've already said; Laney is the character played by Rachael Leigh Cook in 'She's All That'. You know the one... the 'ugly' art student with glasses, who turns into the little hottie walking down the stairs in slow-motion. I love slo-mo. It makes everything better. Except perhaps slo-mo of me getting shocked. I look dumb.

BACK TO THE POINT... Laney. Im not talking about the character, but rather who she represents. I realise thats a pretty deep concept for such a shallow movie... but I don't think im crazy... well... maybe.

So who is she? She's the beautiful girl that no-one notices. She's the smart girl. She's the artistic one. She likes to think for herself. She's independant... but she's also lonely. She doesn't get much attention from the guys.

Im not sure if the point of the movie was to say that everyone is Laney Boggs... that deep down we want to be noticed for who we are. I didnt really get that... well i did, but I saw it more as LOOK for Laney. She's out there... you just need to notice her. Don't wait for prince charming (as Laney was doing) find Laney (as Zac did)..

BUT the whole point of Laney Boggs-ism is that you never will notice her. She isn't the girl you notice. Even if you're forced to work with her everyday you still won't realise that she's beautiful.

So what do you do? I dunno. Give up. Join a cult and drink lots of Gatorade while wearing Nike shoes.



If you're out there Laney... and reading this...


Im ES signing off.

No comments: