Saturday, October 16, 2004

Sir Real


Stick_Ball
Originally uploaded by Elliott Scott.
I just had a weird night. In a good way.

For the longest time I ripped on the Gold Coast for being crappy, shallow and not having any cool places to go to. I'm not the kinda guy who likes R'n'B and dancing and being hip. I like to mellow out, and have some drinks with my friends.

Tonight my faith in the Coast has been restored. There are some cool places, and almost accidentally Tanner and I stumbled into them.

We went to the Gold Coast Arts Centre, of all places they have jazz gigs every saturday night. It's pretty cool. Sure, we were the youngest ones there, younger than most peoples kids in fact! And the musicians were talking about "back in the 50's", but it was cool. No smoke though.

That was cool, we got a bit of culture, chilled out in a friendly relaxed environment. Actually, on a side note, some guy restored my faith in humanity too. He saw that Tanner and I ate our food really quickly, and that we looked hungry. He offered to buy us some more food. Which was nice. And no, he wasn't hitting on us or anything, just genuinely nice.

After that we headed into town. And stumbled into another place; called Grounded. It was a coffee loungey thing. With a twist. Perhaps the greatest and best twist one could hope for. It was a 24hr massage parlour. I know what you're thinkin, we thought that too as soon as we stepped in, but this place is legit.

So massages are expensive right? Not here. For every coffee you get a free 3 min massage. And the coffee prices were more than reasonable; only $3.50. I'm starting to sound like a resturant critic. But seriously, this is the greatest place EVER! My massage was sssssssoooooooooo good. So good.

When we walked in a different group came in at the same time, the were thinking the same thing we thought. Day Spa? or 'Day Spa'? And we got to talkin and they were pretty cool. Friendly people on the coast? Who wudda thunk it.

In 'fers itself, there was something odd. Something was very different from normal. Now don't get me wrong, I am in NO WAY complaing... I was just perplexed. There was a sh*tload of HOT chicks. Literally hundreds. Normally you walk down the street and you might see one if you're lucky. Not tonight... you be thinking: "There! There's a wussy looking guy... no, wait, it's another chick". Not that I look for wussy guys, they're just normally pretty common.

LOADS of chicks.

A bizzarre night. Surreal if you will. And I will. Certainly. BUT being the sad gits that we are, we didn't get anywhere with the chicks. They all had boyfriends or something. It wasn't cuz we were wuss's or anything. As if!...

Wshusssss..mmaaattteee
(Sounds of the intercooler blowout valve. Ask Tanner..)

Untill next time, I'm that guy, who signs off

No comments: