Friday, October 22, 2004

The new Mapple MakesmewanttocriPod


MyPod
Originally uploaded by Elliott Scott.
Yo yo yo, zup in da house? It's your pal Easy E saying what ever it is that homie guys say. But less cool in doing so. Unless..

What I'm basically trying to say is: I'm bored so I am gonna subject you to the torture that is reading my blog, and the stupid crap I put in it.

Today I want to up the cool factor and talk about music. Music is cool, and you can't tell me it ain't. Unless you're the Fonz, with a gun, that's the ultimate in coolness persuasion.

So the bands I been check'n out lately are:

THE DECEMBERISTS - Sorta mellow acoustic stuff, but with a whiney tone. Doesn't seem like it'd be good, but it is! A song about a missing bike!

BEN KWELLER - Don't know anything about this dude, but he's cool. Also mellow, but with something fun about it.

THE AVALANCHES - Crazy sound sampling at its best. They get the most obscure, ecclectic samples and turn it into some funk.

METRIC
I love these dudes and a dudette. They're an awesome Canadian band. They're sorta happy angry or something. I can't really describe dem. Check'm out though. Really, really cool. I like a lot.

MORE BANDS I CAN'T BE SCREWED TALKING ABOUT:
=THE CORAL
=DASHBOARD CONFESSIONALS
=DEFTONES
=LISA LOEB
=MOUNT SIMS
=NEUTRAL MILK HOTEL
=PUBLIC IMAGE LTD
=WAIKIKI

Ok, that's all. Either I'm cool now, cuz they're cool bands/groups/whatevers, or I'm even less cool, cuz they suck.

I'm Elliott Scott, signing off, and switching on the pod.

No comments: