Thursday, December 30, 2004

WHERE'S THE BACKGROUND?


Cafe-Too
Originally uploaded by Elliott Scott.
I'm having some problems with the background for the oasis. It's the only scene with color, so that is an important aspect. But at the same time, I wanted a lot of white space. But I also wanted it densly packed with flowers. A lot of conflicting terms.

What I think I might do is use pastel colors for the flowers, and reserve any black outlines or strong colors for the characters.

Yeah, that could work.

IESSO

PS. Glen, if you are reading this, gimme a call about the party tonight! 0402 199 826. Thanks dude.

1 comment:

Elliott Scott said...

Thank you for the suggestion Lino, but now it is time for me to completely shut your idea down, knowing very well that you don't know what is going on in my head, and are just making suggestions....

HAWAIIAN? Are you mad? That is the worst idea ever. Gum and Nuts is genius compared to that. Hawaiian??? My god, what were you thinking man?

I was thinking Moroccan, or Indian henna patterns. Which are difficult to find, but intricate and beautiful. Remember, this is an oasis. Arabian nights sorta thing, but without the veils, camels, and pointy marshmallow roofed houses. And I wanted it to be feminine.

My post wasn't so much asking for suggestions, but rather me talking through my problems.

But I thank you anyway. Thought that counts and all that. But seriously? HAWAIIAN! As if.... I wouldn't be caught dead with anything Hawaiian.

Just a reminder, my Hawaiian party is coming up soon.

:^) Elliott