Wednesday, August 31, 2005

MAD FOLD-IN STYLINS'

Admissions

Here's the final CONCEPT design for the QCA Admission pamphlet I'm doing. This is only the cover, but heh, it's something. I didn't wanna bother putting the whole thing up, but copyright and laziness stopped me. The inside's got this mad fold-in style image which together. For those of you who don't 'get' the concept it's working with the Laft Brain-Right Brain theory, and by going to an art college we embrace or right brain way of thinking... or was it left?? Anyway yeah, hope they like it, even though I have my doubts.

A quick note about the colors: The brown is supposed to be less brown and more grey, but the monitor cant display pantone colors very well (pantones are a different type of color system, which is mucho differento from the normal inks like cyan, magenta, yellow and black... but thats too boring to type up... take my word for it)

IESSO

PS. When I typed the post I thought the image was really hard to see, but looking at it now, the image is pretty obvious and my post seems really patronising. Sorry about that...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although i probably dont have to tell you, but i thinks its 2 thumbs up elliott... i love it... but then again.. u know i would thats why u did it :D ???

Colours are great, maybe my monitor is stuffed but it looked grey to me.

Oh speaking of stuffed put a nother tick next to the invisible score card for macintosh... i called microshit to get my interweb fixed on the PC and they couldnt help me.. they wanted to charge $50 for futher tech support so i told them to shove it and tell me how to remove their incipid software. They said they will email me the instructions... clever

Elliott Scott said...

Cool magool. Thanks man! And nice job with the PC bashing, I for one thouroughly endorse it! But hey, that's just me. I'm sure _some people like it. But we don't value their opinions anyway.... Tee hee. Suck it Trebec! Suck it long. And suck it hard!

(Totally go watch Celebrity Jeopardy on some old SNL episodes, you'll understand that joke way more)

Thanks again.

PS. Tanner, you totally went to town with the ol' comment thingo. I like. I like a lot. Thanks!

Elliott Scott said...

PPS. It looks grey on the monitor, and the swatch flip-book, but when you print it on a digital printer (not the offset printer we're gonna print it on) it comes out brown. So when I showed the client today the design, she was not so impressed... but that's boring technical stuff that no-one really cares about.

Nod and smile my friend. Nod and smile.

Elliott Scott said...

PPPS. Totally made a little mistake. I originally had the image mirrored of this version, but the brain hemispheres were back-to-front so i just flipped it. But i forgot to flip the e=mc2 equation... ooops. If they like the concept I'll fix shit like that up... sorry about my un-pro attitude.

Anonymous said...

*nods and smiles*

Elliott Scott said...

Noice.