Monday, August 08, 2005

PROMISES PROMISES PROMISES

I've got a longer post to write soon, so bare with me here. In the meantime have a ponder with this little nugget of quality thought. A chicken McNugget, and it's got some sweet'n'sour sauce to dip!

BLOG PERFORMANCE ART: I'm been thinking of this idea for a while. Sometimes I post a little entry and then realise I don't really want people to read it, so I delete it a minute later. But sometimes people see it.

What if that was the whole thing. I post things for only a few minutes, maybe an hour, and if people read it cool, if not even better! It's a lot more personal, you can say things that you wouldn't normally say (I really have some cool things to say, but I can't really say them on Mondayne because other people will read. It's a terrible form of self-censorship, and leads to bland posting about safe topics. And that just sucks!) But with this performance blog you can totally avoid all that because the post is fleeting. AND it's got this whole exhibitionist theme: Mondayne puts the info out there for the world to read, but the performance site only flashes the information. You have to catch the post while it's there. A crude and vulgar analogy would be to a flasher opening up their trenchcoat to reveal their nude body, as opposed to a nude beach of Mondayne, with all the info hanging out all the time. Which is more exciting?

Ok, so that's it for now. Just think about it, I reckon it's a cool idea. But maybe it's just me.

IESSO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If a tree falls in the woods, and nobody is around... does it make a sound?

Me thinks this is a conspiracy to get mondayne readers even more hooked!

Take that McCutcheon

arg... i am tired