Friday, August 26, 2005

POP ART or GRAFFITI?

I am working on some more stencils incorporating the concept of street art. I'm taking a rather literal approach by using images of popular and famous artwork from America at the moment, but I might branch out to other countries. Perhaps even Australia, if I can figure out what world famous images there are. So no, probably not.

Anyway I've only drawn 2 so far, not cut them out or anything, but I have plans to do a Warhol and a Litchenstein, a Rockwell, a Hopper and even a Pollock stencil. The first two listed might be in color if I can make the effort, so no, probably not.

STENCIL-American-Gothic

STENCIL-Whistlers-Mother

Keep checking the blog for updates of this nature.

IESSO

PS. Be warned: The next post is somewhat melancoly, so if you don't wanna read something like that, skip ahead.

PPS. If you have no idea which artists I'm reffering to it's ok, you'll totally still recognise the images. They're pretty famous. Also I'd appreciate some suggestions. Particularly American artists. But others are ok too.... I might do a Mona Lisa, even though she's been done to death. The slut.

PPPS. I've been addicted to Technorati's listing of my performance. Guess what? I'm ranked 284,000th best blog in the world! WOW! So if you wanna add a link to me in your blog, go right ahead, it'll totally improve my ratings. WOOT!

PPPPS. And now for the melancoly post:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

try sophies world by that guy

also : architecture/ furniture design ? Frank LLoyd Wrights Guggenheim etc... stuff thats entered into the public conciousness.

Also iconic photos? Marilyn's Dress...

Also did your dad ever meet Tom WAits? I wonder.

Great songs you should get - famous blue raincoat by Leonard Cohen , Blue Valentine and burma shave by Tom Waits - its sin City 20 years ago!

L8r!!!!!

Elliott Scott said...

marilyn's dress!!! Good thinking there buddy. Cliche? No way!