Tuesday, August 09, 2005

STUPID POINTLESS FUN

At work today Jen asked what my favourite word was. Without missing a beat I told her it was MEANDER. I dunno why, I just like it. It's a cool word. And now, because I can, and also because I'm avoiding writing stuff of importance but is sensitive privvy information, here is a list of my favourite words. See if you can find a pattern in them.

Meander
Riboflavin
Rotunda
Flabbergasted
Nacho
Generic
Retort
Asertain
Simularcra
Prefecture
Presume
Oxymoron
Trapezium
Onomatopoeia
Triceratops
Mesopotamia
Oligarchy
Portabello
Hyperbole
Rasterize*
Rasberry
Rickshaw
Eurasia
Paleo-lithic
Mise-en-scene
and Double Entendre

Presuppose
Friscalating
Cromulent
(Fake words, but still cool!)

Most of 'em have R's and or O's in them. Any other patterns? Multisyllablic?

Post a bunch of your favourite words, and in particular your ABSOLUTE favourite, maybe it will say somethng about you as a person. Meander. Aimlessly meandering through life...
By the way the meaning is unrelated to the liking of the word. Just focus on the sounds of the words. But that probably self-evident. Oh and try to keep it in English if you can, I know, the last 2 words are French, but they're used in English all the time. So there!


IESSO

PS. My favourite word to use in sentences is METHINKS. It sounds like you're a dumbass, but really you're not.

PPS. For extra credit points tell me what words you don't like, or even hate! I can't think of any off of the top of my head. Possibly any thing with a Z instead of an S (eg. SkillZ) Or crappy contractions like synergy. They bug me. And lame-ass text messaging words like CUL8R or B4. They really annoy me. Just spend the extra 20cents and write properly! And 'bi-atch'. That annoys me too. And Phish. That really annoys me. 'Happy-snap'. That's a crappy phrase.

* I had to have at least one designish word in there didnt I!? Don't judge me!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Discombobulated is still the best.... Sessy, on the other hand - worst word in the world

Elliott Scott said...

I could not agree with you more.

Anonymous said...

Discombobulated is still the best.... Sessy, on the other hand - worst word in the world

Elliott Scott said...

Wow. It's scary coincidence that you; Bamboozled and Anonymous share the exact same opinion. But yes, Sessy does indeed suck. But I'm still partial to Meander.

Elliott Scott said...

Although I'd have to say that Bamgoogles is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE word, and should never be said again. EVER!

Anonymous said...

Yes that is very very correct... not sure about what i was thinking... I"ve come up with a much better name now...what do you think??

Elliott Scott said...

MUCH better.
Now go to sleep.

Anonymous said...

ahh... wrong name again

Anonymous said...

Ok, whatev. But I'm going to beedy-bies, and I'm totally sleeping in till 9.oo! So I'm getting to work late tomorrow! HUZZAH! So yeah.

Anonymous said...

see u then, have a good sleep in

Anonymous said...

Ohh me and elliott (aka skitZ) went to school together, and alas were best buddies... on my yr 12 jersey i elected to have CUL8RM8 put on mine. Well lets just say the verbal beatings have left me scarred for life.

ooh the pain, the pain

David Amulet said...

Excellent words! Your list leads me to believe you also will like this word: penultimate. Just a hunch.

Methinks we also share an affinity for the word "methinks." I've used it perhaps too often in my posts.

Cheers -- d.a. @ DavidAmulet.blogspot.com.

Elliott Scott said...

Dave

I totally like that word, good find! Thanks bud