Saturday, October 01, 2005

THE BEGINNING OF THE END

TITLE-PAGE2

Well it's official now, we're graduating next month. In order to actually finish we've got to make this thing called a portfolio? So like, what ever that is? Anyway I think mine is gonna be a bit hip and funky, but not entirely stupid either. What I want it to say about me is: I am fun and funky, with a creative silly imagination, but who can do professional work in a tight timeframe and with an accurate eye. How I'm gonna actually say this is through a magazine style portfolio. I can have some of the work I did as advertisement style pages, some as 'articles' and some in a 'fashion' section. It will all be very tongue in cheek.

I've been thinking a lot about this: I don't want a job that is dry and boring and highly professional, I want a fun, funny, and funky job where I can be creative and develop my creative potential. Or something like that, so if I hand in a standard boring black folder it will suck, a fresh funky, egocentric magazine will surely do the trick,.... shirley?

Ok, so these next few weeks are gonna be intense! I have a F*CKLOAD of stuff to do, this magazine makes it so much harder than it needs to be, but it will hopefully be worth it.

IESSO

PS, I think I must have said funky about a zillion times in that post. Someone gimme a thesaurus quick!

FLOWERS

PPS. This is what the pages dividing the sections will look like. Well, this and other things like it. Not all flowers. This is only one of MANY spreads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey...
thought id check your blog (really random thought...)... i like your idea of mag folio... its so hard this whole folio thing... so much pressure... i think i need a holiday... ergh

mm... i had some ideas... but im afraid theyre all falling thru... well see... oy im going to sydney in 2 weeks.. for a design conference... check it out... http://www.rprsnt.com/index_preflash.html... should be good... i think you should come :)....

anyways ... yeah your mag is cool... weeee.... thats it... im done

bec