Friday, November 19, 2004

HO HO HO-WDY


Christmas Card 2004
Originally uploaded by Elliott Scott.
This is the annual christmas card design. My family doesn't like sending out the usual cards, they prefer non-religious non-holiday specific cards. This years card is based on a western theme.

I took old photo's of my mom and dad dressed as cowpoke and stuck them together. For people who are family friends from way back, it's cool to see them together as kids. For anyone else, they just look like cute kids. But the photo's are old looking.

My mom wanted it to say this specific message, based on the Roy Rogers song I think.

And on the back is a similar photo of me and my little brother. I like the color scheme used, color silouettes and old photo's. Looks cool. Lots of white space in the actual card, not so much here.

If you want a closer look, just click on the image. Unfortunately I couldn't get it very big cuz of net restrictions, but you get the picture. Pun not intended.

Next year we're either gonna do The Beatle's "Abbey Road", and have us crossing the street. "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" and have faces from our past surrounding us, OR Andy Warhol's "Marilyn" or any other Warhol-esque grid. Have our faces in different colors. I think that's gonna be next years, it's simplest and most colourful.

Untill soon, I'm Elliott Scott, signing off.

No comments: