Monday, November 22, 2004

The Wrong Number

I got a call from my ex. I'm still sorta hung up on her, so anything reminding me of her is a big deal. The thing is; the phone only rang once or twice, I was busy helping Tanner install some speakers, so I couldn't answer it.

Did she mean to call me? Was it a mistake? Did she hang up before I could answer?

We made some arrangements in our lives, we can't talk to each other. We tried to be friends for about a year, but it was just too painful. She wanted to be friends, and I wanted to be with her. Niether of us could give each other solely what the other wanted, without personal comprimise, so we agreed not to talk anymore. I told her that if she called me, I would think she wants to get back together. As silly as that is, it's what I think everytime. So if she does call, knowing how it would effect me, it had better be important.

So I get called. But I don't know what about. Or if she even meant to call. And I'm left with as much pain as if I did talk to her.
I forgot to take my medication for the last few days too, so I'm not quite prepared to deal with sad situations.

Also, my name is Elliott. Not Aaron, or Alan, or Alf, so I dunno if she could have accidentally dialed my name.






Do I call? Do I not call? Such is the dilema of the weak at heart.






I'm Elliott Scott, hoping and fearing that she'd call again, signing off.

No comments: