Saturday, November 27, 2004

. . . . yep


Mundanity
Originally uploaded by Elliott Scott.
Hey all.

I hope you can indulge in a bit of self-loathing, internal assesment and generic AND random ranting for a few paragraphs. It'll do ME a lot of good, perhaps not you. But you don't have to read it. I do need to write it though.

This blog was always intened to be not just a log, but a journal of my thoughts. It just so happens that some people read it. And I think that's awesome. You guys, my friends and (dare I say) fans are wonderful.

But despite all the love of my friends I'm still missing that other kind of love. The love between me, and that special someone for me. I don't know who she is. Or where she is. Or how to find her.

This seems to be a problem for a LOT of people. I wrote about it a while ago, in my post relating to Laney Boggs. And now I seem to be going through another lonely phase. I know that my love isn't for the girl I was recently talking about, my ex. She WAS that girl. She was the quiet art student with the hidden beauty. But she's no longer that person. I can see that. But I don't like accepting it.

I thought I had the perfect person, untill she changed. And I changed too. But she REALLY changed. I don't love her anymore. But I'm in love with who she was.

BUT that I guess that means the girl for me is still out there. WHERE? And how do I meet her?


I know it's selfish, lazy, entirely unromantic, but I wish a girl would chase me for once. Since my ex and I broke up, I've been interested in several girls. But they always ended the same way. We're friends. Or she had a boyfriend all along, but she conveniently forgot to tell me. I'm not bitter towards them, not at all! But it gets me worried. Am I chasing not only the wrong girl, but the wrong type of girl?

But then what is the right type? These girls I've been interested all are physically very similar, same with my ex. Am I chasing the same type of girl based solely on appearance? I didn't think I was. OR worse still? Am I chasing a fleety memory of someone I used to love?

I will definitely admit that I do have a clearly defined "type" physically. I'm just not physically attracted to certain people. Even if they are phycologically right. But am I chasing these girls based entirely on appearance?

This is all too much for me to talk in rhetorics. Someone gimme some feedback. NOT LINUS though. He's said enough. In a good way. I just don't wanna keep asking him the same questions.

I wanna meet the right girl. I'm not saying she'd end all my problems forever and ever. I'm just saying I want to remember what it was to love.

So tell your friends. I'm single. And interested in meeting people.

I like to think of myself as a nice guy. Who is attractive enough (I guess I could go to the gym a bit more...). I think I'm talented. Some will disagree. And I have a passion for things in life. You all know that.

But I'm deeply saddened. And lonely. I know a lot of people out there in EXACTLY the same situation. Great people, can't meet great people. I see loving couples everywhere. WHY? And why do none (or mainly none) of my friends have boyfriends/girlfriends? This just isn't right.

I'm Elliott Scott, apologising for making you all miserable, signing off.

2 comments:

Rhea Korea said...

perhaps your special one is halfway around the world? start traveling... you'll find someone eventually

Anonymous said...

HOW COULD ANYONE SO SEXY BE SO SINGLE? I am a really hot chick, and I want to have wild-animal-sex with you. Call me anytime for some fun, love, or a relationship. LOVE; Anne.

PS. In no way am I not a hot chick, but rather Elliott trying to make himself look cool but posting a comment anonymously. I repeat I am a hot chick!